The Health Department is encouraging all residents to take simple precautions to protect themselves and others from respiratory illness:
- Limit close contact with people who are sick. Stay home if you are sick.
- Self-quarantine for 14 days if you have traveled to countries with widespread outbreaks of COVID-19
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Avoid handshakes. Try an elbow bump.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. If you do not have a tissue, use your sleeve (not your hand).
- Get a flu shot to prevent the flu if you have not done so this season already.
- Ensure that an adequate supply of necessary prescriptions are on hand in case of quarantine or shortened supply.